I have a freezer in my garage. I love this freezer. I love stocking this freezer. My freezer is old. I am not actually sure how old it is, but here it is.
Sometimes I do a big stock-up cooking day, but more often I just do a few things here and there as I am already making them, and then just stock it up that way. I freeze them in the house, and then just pack a bunch out.
Here is a load I took out earlier this week. It included one loaf of sandwich bread, three baguettes, three portions of ground beef, two butternut squash soup bases, and two portions of cannellini beans.
Things I like to keep in my freezer:
- Baguette and sandwich breads
- Extra meats (a turkey, bacon pieces, ground beef and chicken are pretty standard.)
- Seafood (a type or two of fish, scallops, etc.)
- Beans (cannellini, kidney, black, pinto, refried)
- Chicken and beef stock
- Soups: Chili, Taco Soup, Potato soup base, Butternut squash soup, cream of chicken soup.
- Wonderful Oregon Fruit: (blueberries, raspberries, marionberries, strawberries, peaches, cherries etc.)