Besides Italian my other culinary love and go-to is Asian. I skew pretty heavy toward Thai, but mix in other cuisines here and there. Beef and Broccoli is a favorite of my husband, David, and is pretty cheap and easy for a weeknight dinner. Oh yeah and is of course delicious!
Go ahead and start the rice first, because from start to finish this isn’t even 20 minutes!
What I used:
- sliced beef
- 1/4 onion
- soy sauce
- oyster sauce
- corn starch
- beef boullion
- jasmine rice
What to do:
- Cut up the broccoli and onion
- Slice up beef
- Make a marinade of: sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cornstarch
- Cover the beef and mix it all up
- Heat a bit of oil, stir fry the beef
- Add the vegetables, stir-fry
- Meanwhile, mix the sauce with: soy sauce, oyster sauce, beef broth, cornstarch, black pepper.
- Add the sauce, and mix the stir fry all together,
- Serve over jasmine rice.