Tonight’s dinner is brought to you by the theme: What’s fast and uses up things I need to get rid of?
About seven minutes before I took this picture I asked my husband if he wanted some dinner- if you have met David you can anticipate his response was a yes…so looking in the fridge, what did I need to use up? There was leftover chicken from Roast Chicken, greek yogurt that Jeffrey and Libby left behind, and some apples that I dropped leaving the store (expediting their use-by date.) So I landed on a super simple: Curried Chicken Salad.
(Editer’s Note: Having made this before with mayo instead of greek yogurt, we definitely prefer the taste of the mayo one, greek yogurt may require additional seasonings.)
What I used:
- leftover chicken
- half an appe
- a bit of greek yogurt
- some curry powder
How I did it:
- chop the romaine and set aside (any greens will do of course)
- chop up the chicken, celery, apple (also awesome with grapes, but I didn’t have any)
- put all but lettuce in a mixing bowl
- add greek yogurt (not too dry, not too overloaded)
- add curry powder to taste
- adjust with S&P
- serve over lettuce